RFI Tiếng Việt (8/17/2016) – Chuyên gia Pháp: Cách Mỹ chống bành trướng Trung Quốc trên Biển Đông – CHÂU Á
— RFI Tiếng Việt (8/29/2016): Trung Quốc sợ phương Tây phá hoại thượng đỉnh G20 Hàng Châu
– (8/18/2016): South China Sea : Fishing in Troubled Waters
[Today, the United States Navy and the United States Coast Guard routinely operate together under the Oceania Maritime Security Initiative (OMSI) to conduct fisheries enforcement missions in partnership with other countries, embarking their representatives on U.S. platforms for enforcement patrols within non-U.S. EEZs.]
– Wikipedia: One Belt, One Road
— South China Morning Post (8/15/2016): Hangzhou G20: China determined to keep summit focus on economy
[Li Baodong stressed that Beijing was also keen to keep the focus off other contentious issues,…, when leaders of the world’s 20 major economies met in the capital city of Zhejiang province on September 4-5.]
— Asia Times (Aug 27 2016) – The US third offset(s) strategy: Why China should worry
- Real Clear Defense (Feb 16 2016): What is the Third Offset Strategy?
— The National Interest Blog (Aug 3 2016): US Military’s Third Offset Strategy: A Silver Bullet or Simply a Bad Idea?
- The First Offset was the development of the New Look nuclear deterrence strategy (PDF) in the early Cold War days as a counter to the massive conventional forces of the Soviet Union.
- The Second Offset was a consequence of the lessening relevance of the first. The Reagan period saw new technologies developed to put American forces back at the forefront of global capabilities. Those efforts produced stealth and precision guided weapons, including the enabling technology of GPS.
- … the Third Offset is intended to once again vault the United States well ahead of the pack and to recreate the capability difference that came as a shock to the Chinese and Russian militaries in the 1990s…